Frequently Asked Questions
What vaccines are available?
JIB Medical follows the federal CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines.
Flu shots, standard and high dose, are given every season from October through Spring of the following year.
Other immunizations available:
- Pediatric per the CDC schedule
- Adult per the CDC schedule
- From age 50 years on Shingrix, to prevent shingles,
- At age 60 years and above: Prevnar 13 and, one year later, Pneumovax, to reduce risk of dying from pneumococcal pneumonia.
- All ages:
- TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria) every ten years or TDaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) if not had previously.
- Meningitis as indicated
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) if needed.
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis A as indicated
- Gardasil (to prevent HPV infection and the cancers it causes) for females and males up to age 45 if has not already received Gardasil (helps prevents several types of cancer.